Creating a Safer and Better Society for All
Occupational Safety careers have become increasingly complex and demanding over the years. In an effort to protect workers in all situations, knowledge of best practices and regulatory requirements helps to ensure workplace safety.
Opportunities for well-educated professionals continue to grow among employers in tandem with the awareness of safety as an essential component of well-operated businesses and communities. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 20% increase in the number of positions available in this profession over the next several years.
There has never been a better time to pursue your goals for a successful future in Safety, Security, and Emergency Management disciplines.
Eastern Kentucky University College of Justice and Safety
Eastern Kentucky University has more than a century of experience as one of our nation’s top universities. The basis for the College of Justice and Safety originated in 1974, as students began to show a growing interest in the opportunities presented by this diverse and far-reaching category of careers.
Today, the College of Justice and Safety continues to carry on our tradition of innovation, with nationally recognized programs in fields ranging from Occupational Safety and Emergency Management to Homeland Security and more. You can learn about every aspect of a career in Occupational Safety from the expert faculty here, with two outstanding online degree programs to choose from:
EKU Online Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety
The Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety from Eastern Kentucky University provides an advanced undergraduate education that can help you open the door to new career opportunities in this important and growing field.
During the BS in Occupational Safety program, you will study employee safety education and training programs, regulatory compliance, safety auditing, workers compensation, safety legislation, policy and enforcement, the government’s role in safety, and more. The goal is to give you the skills, tools, and knowledge to:
- Gain confidence and build a deep understanding of workplace safety operations and health legislation.
- Become prepared to accept more administrative and leadership responsibilities, with the knowledge you’ll need to excel in decision-making.
- Improve your abilities and learn the proper protocol for dealing with hazardous materials, hazard identification, and safety program development.
- Understand the role, responsibility, and policy of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the governing body for workplace safety in the United States.
- Perform safety analysis, learn safety protocol for different occupational environments, study the legal aspects of occupational safety and workers compensation, and more.
- Improve your education while remaining active as a working safety professional.
- Build your network through interaction with other students and faculty who are active in the field.
The knowledge you gain in the online Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety program from the EKU College of Justice and Safety can help you develop a clear career path forward. If your goal is to move into a leadership position, increasing your academic credentials can help to set you apart from other potential applicants. Studying with us will expose you to relevant and immediately actionable insights into Occupational Safety topics such as:
- Construction Safety
- Corporate Compliance
- Development of Safety Programs
- Emergency Management
- Environmental Compliance
- Fire Protection
- Hazard Control Principles
- Industrial Safety Management
- Management Techniques
- Regulatory Requirements for Health and Safety
- Risk Identification and Countermeasures
- Security Functions
- Threat Control Principles
- Workplace Risk Factors
EKU Online Master of Science in Safety, Security & Emergency Management
Eastern Kentucky University’s online Master of Science in Safety, Security and Emergency Management program is an advanced graduate-level education designed for active fire, safety, security, emergency management, and emergency services professionals as well as those with relevant undergraduate education and/or work experience. This forward-thinking program is the only one of its kind in the nation, offering curriculum that can place you at the forefront of the industry as an effective, executive-caliber leader.
Courses are delivered by industry-experienced educators and fire and safety professionals who are committed to teaching and preparing you for continued success. Our goal is for you to complete this program with the knowledge, confidence, and skills you need to accelerate your current career, create new opportunities, and advance your earning potential.
The public safety leaders of tomorrow will be those who possess superior communication, critical thinking, organizational planning, and financial and operational competencies. The online Master of Science in Safety, Security and Emergency Management from EKU can help you gain the workforce management abilities and leadership qualities needed to oversee occupational safety, fire, police, disaster response, and homeland security teams.
A choice of focused concentrations can further enhance your understanding and appreciation of the intricacies of your desired career path. Concentrations include:
- Occupational Safety
- Emergency Management
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Homeland Security
- School Safety
- Labor and Employment
A Collaborative Community of Opportunity
When you earn an online degree from Eastern Kentucky University, you become part of a larger, networked community of like-minded individuals committed to occupational and public safety. You’ll learn from a faculty of experienced industry professionals and collaborate with peers from across the United States and beyond. All while enjoying the advantages of:
- Remaining active in your current career through the convenience of 100% online learning.
- Fitting your education into your busy life, work, and family schedules.
- Participating in an interactive learning environment featuring traditional learning methods, as well as video learning modules.
- Having a direct connection to our faculty of professional fire, safety, homeland security, and emergency management professionals.
- Graduating with your Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety in as few as two and a half years. Earning your Master of Science in Safety, Security & Emergency Management in 12 to 24 months.
- Applying what you learn in your current position and gaining the confidence to pursue career growth and opportunity.
The Eastern Kentucky University College of Justice and Safety delivers a truly comprehensive education for motivated Occupational and Public Safety professionals. We encourage you to pursue your goals with us. We understand and value your passion for the industry, and have the resources to help you succeed upon your chosen path.